The Leaders' Group is made up of the Council Leaders of the boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
The objectives of the Leaders' Group are:
· To support the development, where appropriate, of a co-ordinated and strategic approach to shared services and joint working in the member boroughs in order to maximise efficiencies
· To facilitate cross-borough review of shared services work conducted in the member boroughs
· To ensure that Member decision-making on the subject of shared services in individual boroughs is informed by a full view of the opportunities and challenges relevant to the member boroughs
· To promote the adoption of best practice in procurement, service design and delivery across the member boroughs
· To promote East London as a beacon of good practice in joint procurement and shared service delivery
Claire Symonds, Chief Operating Officer